Well we made it to day two! I know my post was short yesterday so let me back up a little.
Yesterday was a huge prep day and wood day! We had to assemble all the insulation pieces that went on the roof. We had two layers to assemble. Gabe and I did most of that work. Then metal straps had to be assembled onto the lattice. David and Etu made sure we had the correct inventory which we were short. So Rainer had to make a delivery on Saturday and Monday. So here was the process on the first day.
- Install all doors and brace them
- Then put up the lattice work that attaches to the doors
- Then the large ring and rafters get installed simultaneously
- We had to install eagle blocks through the rafters.
- We took the canvas through the ring and laid it over the rafters.
- Then we took the insulation (2 layers) and did the same thing.
- Then the hardest part of putting a yurt up is the vinyl roof! It weighs around 550 pounds! It has to be hoisted around 17 feet into the air through that ring! It took six men to do this.
- Then the walls start to be assembled around the yurt.